VFX Pipeline Engineer
Gradient Effects, Los Angeles, California is looking for an experienced VFX Engineer, who is not only great at their craft but are also capable of training, critiquing and mentoring others.
The VFX Pipeline Engineer is responsible for pipeline tools creation and providing software solutions to support production and artists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scripted tool development, customization, and support
- Creation and maintenance of new scripted tools that support production needs
- Integration of scripted tools with existing in-house tools and code base.
- Creation of documentation and tutorials for tools and integrations.
- Customization of existing scripted tools to suit the needs of the studio, projects, and artists.
- Provide help desk assistance to production of scripted tools.
- Uphold quality standards and vision set forth by Creative Supervisors.
Pipeline Workflows and Collaboration:
- Work with artists, leads, and supervisors to understand the day to day production workflow needs
- Collaborate with the artists and TDs to map out and optimize common workflows and tool integration.
- Research and recommend improvements to existing workflows or new workflows that will improve productivity or communication.
- Competent in Python and familiarity with other scripting languages used in production.
- Extensive knowledge of film visual effects production workflows.
- Knowledge of film/video post-production techniques, software, hardware, and workflows. Must be able to prioritize requests and have effective communications skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of: Unix / Linux.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Familiarity with Databases
- Familiarity with Network Render Queuing systems.
- General understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools.
**NO PHONE CALLS
** Walk-in applications will not be accepted or considered
To apply for this job please visit grdtfxnew.wpengine.com.